On the car wing, we meet at Bletchingley on the second Sunday each month to conduct our car observed runs. Although we may be able to accommodate you if you turn up on the day, it’s better to call our “Associates Co-ordinator”, Janne, and book a suitable time or visit the events calendar on Tracker.
Runs last for approximately 1.5 hours and start at 9:00 or 10:30 on the Sunday morning.
What you will need:
- One driver, fully qualified but willing to learn
- One roadworthy & roadlegal vehicle. Use whatever you have in your garage, from a 2CV to a Bentley Turbo, a Ford Cortina to a Transit van, manual or automatic, vintage or adapted for disability
- Space in your vehicle for one of our observers
- Associate membership of East Surrey Group
- Associate membership after enrolment on an IAM Roadsmart advanced course.
Over a few months, these ingredients can produce a fine IAM member but some of the following items will also help…
- An East Surrey Group better driving course (call Janne for details)
- How to become an Advanced Motorist (another book)
- Up-to-date ‘Highway Code’ & ‘Know Your Road Signs’ book (yes! the book you’ve been meaning to read for ages)
- A demonstration drive by an Observer
- Roadcraft – the video
- East Surrey Group social events.